Thursday, March 4, 2010

Radio Goo Goo, Radio Ga Ga

This song totally brings me back to freshman year of high school for some reason.

Some of you might already know this but…drum roll please…I am now a disc jockey! Every Saturday from 7-8 pm, I will host a show (no name yet) on the PLU student radio station, KCCR. I’d thought about doing this for several months but eventually decided it was adding on to my already very full plate. Then I made a guest appearance on my friend Alex’s show and had so much fun, I decided to sign up for one of my own even if I don’t really have time for it. I’m stoked though. It’s yet another way to get my very strong musical opinions out to the world! Muahahaha!

I’ve decided to choose the songs for my show based on a theme for that given week. I live doing for this kind of stuff. Maybe it will be days of the week (“Stormy Monday”, “Tuesday’s Dead”, “Wednesday Morning, 3 am” etc.) or women’s names (“Celia”, “Michelle”, “Emily” etc.) or colors (“Paint It Black”, “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road”, “The Angels Want to Wear My Red Shoes” etc.).

For the first week, I think I’m going to choose a bunch of songs that are the first on their respective albums. I don’t want to say why or what I’ll be choosing; you need incentive to listen. Let’s just say there will be some hits and some esotericism.

So you should all clear your schedules on Saturday night and listen!!

*And Chris Ferguson wins the prize for Bowie's "Rock 'n' Roll Suicide" as last week's subheading.

1 comment:

  1. that's awesome, ben. congrats. :D
    i can't wait to hear the show.

    ReplyDelete